This enchilada is made with “zucchini tortillas” and not only it is loaded with enchilada sauce, chicken, and cheese, but it is gluten-free.
The ingredients for this meal are:
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil;
- One large onion that is chopped;
- Two cloves garlic that is minced;
- One tablespoon of ground cumin;
- Two tablespoons of chili powder;
- Shredded chicken;
- One 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce, divided;
- Four large zucchini, that is sliced with a mandolin or peeler;
- One cup of shredded Monterey Jack;
- One cup of shredded cheddar;
- Sour cream, needed for drizzling;
- Fresh cilantro leaves, needed for garnish.
The instructions for how to prepare this meal are the next:
- You need to preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- After that, you need to heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion and salt.
- Cook this until it is golden and brown about five minutes, later add garlic, cumin, chili powder, shredded chicken and one cup of enchilada sauce.
- You need to stir this until it is combined together.
- You need to make thin slices of zucchini using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin, and on a cutting board you need to lay out four zucchini slices that are slightly overlapping and after that, you need to add two tablespoons of chicken mixture on top. When this is done, roll it up and transfer it to a baking dish, and you need to repeat this with the remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- After all this, you can use the remaining enchilada sauce to top the zucchini enchiladas.
- The shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese need to be sprinkled.
- You need to bake this for approximately twenty minutes and until the cheese is melted.
- Use sour cream and cilantro to garnish and then serve it.
Did you find this article useful? Well, we publish important and helpful tips and articles daily! Don’t forget to follow us on Pinstagram: Pinstagram PRO-EXISTENCE and on Facebook: Facebook PRO-EXISTENCE.