If you just want to know about whether soy is healthy or not, then let me tell you right away – it’s not, and it can cause health problems, and the use of soy is destructive to the planet. Keep reading on and you will find out why.
The soy as a legume has the same harmful components that other beans do, but some of the harmful properties of soybeans are:
- They contain phytoestrogens, and they mimic the body’s natural estrogen hormones. This for men can lead to a testosterone imbalance, infertility, low sperm count, and increased risk of cancer, and for women, it can lead to estrogen dominance, linked to infertility, menstrual troubles, and cancer.
- If a baby consumes only soy formula it consumes the equivalent hormones of 4 birth control pills a day, that’s how much strong these phytoestrogens are!
- The phytic acid has high levels in the soy and they inhibit the body’s ability to absorb important minerals, including zinc, calcium, copper, iron, and magnesium.
- The soy also has protease inhibitors and they can block the enzymes necessary for the digestion of certain proteins.
- The potent anti-thyroid compounds in the soy called goitrogens can lead to endocrine disruption and thyroid disorders. Infants that are on soy formula have a much higher risk of autoimmune thyroid disease.
- Soy is an alternative food for celiac and gluten intolerant people, but the lectins of the soy can be harmful to the intestines and can prevent healing even when gluten is removed.
- If you consume soy foods, that increases the body’s need for Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, calcium, and magnesium.
Not only do the soy production is harmful to our bodies, but it is harmful to the planet and the livestock as well. The soybeans grown today are all genetically modified and they contain a gene that allows them to be sprayed with pesticides without dying. It is proven that this gene can mutate and create a pesticide-like toxin in the body. That means that soybeans are sprayed with large amounts of pesticides and herbicides during their cultivation.
People who consume too much soy can suffer many health consequences, but animals can suffer many of them as well, and these harmful properties are passed on in their meat.
It is well known that it is assumed that people in Asian countries consume a lot of soy, and that is the reason why everyone thinks that soy is healthy. But it is not true, people do not consume as much soy as we think. In most places, foods based on soy are served as a condiment, not a main course and not as a replacement for animal protein. In many countries, these foods are consumed with seaweed containing foods or traditionally made broths. Both of them have high nutrient concentration and can help mitigate the harmful effects of the soy.
If you want to consume soy, then at least do it in its fermented state. Many harmful anti-nutrients are fermented out in foods like Tempeh and Miso and not only do they have some health properties, they are fine in moderation.
If you think that staying away from tofu and soy milk means you’ll be consuming less soy, you are wrong, because all processed foods contain some form of soy. When buying foods, check for these ingredients: soy lecithin, soy protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, texturized vegetable protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein or any other phrase that has the word “soy” in it.
Did you find this article useful? Well, we publish important and helpful tips and articles daily! Don’t forget to follow us on Pinstagram: Pinstagram PRO-EXISTENCE and on Facebook: Facebook PRO-EXISTENCE.