The grilled chicken Margherita is an incredibly tasty and healthy meal that is so easy to prepare at the same time. It’s basically grilled chicken topped with melted mozzarella, pesto, and tomato basil garnish. It’s everything you’re looking for in a meal and it will definitely leave you craving for more.
The ingredients for this meal are:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts;
- Salt and pepper;
- 2 tbsps olive oil;
- 1 tsp garlic powder;
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (or ½ teaspoon dried oregano + ¼ teaspoon dried basil + ¼ teaspoon dried thyme);
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese;
- ½ cup basil pesto;
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved;
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice;
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, sliced very thinly;
- Cracked black pepper.
The instructions for how to prepare this meal are the next:
- Combine chicken, salt and pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Then grill the chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side and after they are cooked through, top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook another minute or so until they are melted.
- After that toss the tomatoes, lemon juice, and the basil together and when you are done with that, top the chicken breasts each with about three tablespoons of pesto, a scoop of tomatoes, and some freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
Did you find this article useful? Well, we publish important and helpful tips and articles daily! Don’t forget to follow us on Pinstagram: Pinstagram PRO-EXISTENCE and on Facebook: Facebook PRO-EXISTENCE.